When you’re in the market for a new home, consider working with us for your next mortgage. At Jefferson Bank, our expert mortgage lenders have a better understanding of home loans and St. Louis real estate market dynamics than any other local bank.
What makes us different than other lenders offering home loans in St. Louis is that we provide high quality one-on-one service on all our home loans. Our business model is to make fiscally prudent loans within the St. Louis area. That’s been our specialty for 125 years.
For more information or to apply for home loans, call us at 314-469-8049, use our convenient online contact form, or come by one of our banks in St. Louis today.
How To Get Better Terms On Home Loans
At Jefferson Bank, we do everything that we can to offer the best rates and terms possible on home loans. Another other major advantage to choosing Jefferson Bank for your home loans is that we provide great individual service.
Here are some tips for getting the best deal on home loans:
- Monitor your credit report: Check up on your credit report regularly. You can get a free annual credit report on the web or you can sign up for regular credit reporting services. Use online banking to set up automatic bill payments so you avoid problems and keep your credit score as high as possible.
- Maintain a good ‘credit mix’ to improve your credit score: Keep a mix of long-term debts and short-term debts and avoid borrowing too much relative to your current income. Stay current on payments for auto loans, student loans, and credit cards. Good home loans can also improve your ‘credit mix,’ which loan officers use to judge your creditworthiness.
- Save up for a larger down payment: It’s easier to get better rates on home loans when you put more money down. Sometimes holding off on a purchase and saving for a few extra months can mean big savings in the long term.
- Document your income and assets: This is especially important for small business owners and those who own a variety of types of property. Keep detailed records of your income and assets to share with your banker: the more you can show, the easier it will be to get you great rates on home loans.
- Pick a property you can afford within your current means: Borrow only as much as you can afford for a house that matches your needs. You can always upgrade later, but staying within your means now means a better future.
Apply for a Home Loans Online
For more information on applying for home loans from our bank in St. Louis, you can reach us at 314-621-0100, come by one of our locations, or apply for a loan online. At Jefferson Bank, you always get a response from a real person whether you call, come by, or email.